About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fought with my MOM..A poem for you mom!

Someone said something to me that reminds me of good times and a tear rolls over my cheek. This is one such line that always helps me to cope when people raise fingers at me.

“A mother is a mother no matter sponsored, biological or adopted”

I am not very happy today though I started my day on a very positive note. I am very bad at certain things and one such thing is forgiving people. I write on my blog so many times but there are certain things you cannot let it go off. If sponsoring a child means that people are being judgemental then I will not mind but to quote me as ‘infertile’, how can I let it go off.

Why cannot a married woman sponsor a child and if she does that it is not that she cannot be a mother? What are my problems, I know and why am I being judged?

I was so frustrated that my mother called and I went on and on and on, a typical angry ArchanaJ. But I felt bad that why I took my frustration on her and maybe because I take my mom for granted. Or maybe I love her a lot that I can take the leverage to share my heart. But I am sorry mom, I was too violent as I was hurt. I could not say sorry on the call but I post this poem for my mother and I will not let you feel down ever in my life.

I had such a good start. My workouts then kickboxing class and then swimming but maybe something went wrong somewhere that the past comes and stands right in front of me. Just like my medical reports, I dump it forever. If sponsoring a child means or people think I cannot be a mother then let them live with that thought only. But I have just one request stand on my place then see feel how it feels to be judged or quoted. I am sad at mentality of people.

Love At Last by Peggy Liimatta

I remember the good times,
that we once had...
but still my life,
is oh...so sad

I try to look forward,
but my mind goes back...
cuz a piece of the glass,
on our portrait is cracked

I try so hard to protect the glass,
I won't let it shatter...
Because you and your love,
are all that matters

My family is all,
that means anything to me...
still...everything always
gets blamed on me

This happens to Moms,
all over the world...
we're supposed to be perfect,
we learn this as girls

I have never been great
or the "best of Moms"...
And, at times I've failed
by the things I've done wrong

For those things I am sorry,
I didn't want you to cry...
but please remember,
my eyes are not dry

I hope you can find,
our love that seems lost...
for the mistakes I have made,
came at a very high cost

A piece of my life,
is missing and gone...
And everything feels,
Oh...so wrong

But, there is one thing,
that I can do...
I will try to be strong,
just for you

One thing I feel,
down deep in my heart...
It's my love for you,
I guess that's a start

You have a new son
now growing inside...
And, I hope that you feel
each of his kicks with pride

You will feel love,
like never before...
it is your family,
you will completely adore

Its a new beginning,
you will forget the past...
It completes you as a woman,
It will be "Love at Last"