About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

3 Stories of Steve Jobs - 'You've got to find what you love'!!

Some people are born to struggle and when they pass the difficult exams of life, they leave us with their best practices and inventions that you carry today in your hands as the name is ‘APPLE’. 

Steve Jobs as the name is immortal and so is his saying as below: 

'You've got to find what you love,' Jobs says 

3 stories by Steve Jobs –

First Story – Connecting the Dots!

This is the link to first story - Connecting the Dots!

It helped me to understand many things. But above all that Steve was an adopted child and his parents were one of the reasons where we see him today. Parents are parents no matter – sponsored, adopted or biological. Respect adoption as Steve would not have been what he became if his adopted parents who never went to college have sent him to study.


Second Story – About Love and Loss!

This is the link to the second story - About Love and Loss!

It is so much close to my heart as what Steve shares in nutshell is what I have learned. Life has to hit us once to make us understand what we want to do and what we love as work. I realised when I turned 30 and this story helps me to understand, I am on the right track. Read it and maybe you also understand what you really want in life!


Third Story – About Death!

This is the third link to the story - About Death

I am short of words when I read the details. It is strange but the idea of my blog started when I was diagnosed with OA and no remedy for my condition. I learned what is the feeling of having everything but actually nothing? You are killed inch by inch and you want to still live. Live for yourself and life. That day, I can never forget and that was when I realised, I will live each moment of life as if I will die the very next day. I will live to the fullest so that there are no regrets about life. I will live to tell people out there, I am one of you. I am myself! This was the concept of ‘So You Think You Are Living’.

If you want to watch the video in detail below is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc&feature=player_embedded

Courtesy :

This is a prepared text of the Commencement address delivered by Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computer and of Pixar Animation Studios, on June 12, 2005. (Stanford Report, June 14, 2005 )


Read and think the answer to my question – So you think you are living?