About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, June 17, 2011

Father's Day Poem - Father's Day Special Week!

A poem for my father. You can use for your father as well:)
Hope you would have read yesterday’s post - History of Father's Day!
I read the following poem and tears started flowing from my cheeks to my dress. I have not written this but whoever wrote it , I share with my readers. I have many reasons to relate to this poem. Majorly, as I have somewhere disappointed my dad too but still I am sure he would have forgiven me. My parents are coming to Hyderabad on June 18th, a day before Father’s Day. I am going to make 19th June – a special day for my father. Until then this poem comes all the way for my all readers. To all my male friends who are great fathers now. To 5 special men of my life who made me feel proud that they came in my life (though I will not share their names, I respect anonymity but you all mean a lot to me). I wish all of you “A HAPPY FATHER’S DAY”.  As I say, a boyfriend can be bad, a husband can be bad but a father is never bad. I share a special bond with my father. The best relation between a man and a woman is that of a father and a daughterJ

Today of all the other 365 days of the year
is fathers day, hopefully the sky will be clear
today is the days children tell their daddy's they love them
but i think thats stupid, i don't agree with them
because if they had my daddy they
are very lucky to have someone as lovely as him
to have someone who's always there for you, from the beginning to the end
and so i feel bad, because i couldn't ask for anyone better
and i should tell him, i love you, what ever the weather
but thank god for to day, because otherwise i wouldn't of
said anything and then ovcourse
daddy would never know how much he means to me
today I'll tell him i love him and that I'm sorry
sorry i ever disappointed him, forgive me?

Love you all

CheerioJ