About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Special Message on Women’s Day



In continuation to my last post - http://doyouthinkyouareliving.blogspot.com/2011/03/i-am-proud-to-be-woman-happy-womens-day.html. But a special thanks to some of the best men I met as they have been a very vital and indispensable to my journey of being a woman. I am very proud to have you in my life:)

I wanted to write about Euthanasia Plea for Aruna but I prefer to write it tomorrow as this might not be the right day and time to discuss this sensitive issue. But I am sad about the entire thing. Being a woman on our day (Women’s Day), I find myself very helpless. I feel exasperated.

I read a poem (as below) and I am very happy to share this on women’s day. I am very sure I would prefer to be women of strength as many think me that way....but what would you like to be a ‘strong woman’ or a ‘woman of strength’.

But before you read this, I really want to share a small thought. My mother could never afford diamonds for us. And when I asked one day she said something that touched me and till date I never had any craving for diamonds. Though, I have many now but they are just anything for me not everything.

She said “DIAMOND is NOTHING but a piece of CARBON that can handle pressures very hard. The real diamond is being a woman of substance that can handle hard pressures of life. You do not have to wear a diamond and flaunt but be yourself like a diamond that others can flaunt their bonding with you. Search for that DIAMOND IN YOU not DIAMOND ON YOU. Diamonds were and are never the best friend of a woman. If so then why do woman wearing diamond look for friends outside? Your real friends are your traits like courage, inner beauty, clarity, sacrifice, self-dependence and much above character.”

I love my mother for this thought and I am proud that I am your daughter. I salute you today as a woman of substance (though I fight a lot with you...you know me)J. I salute you as a mother who quit her job to bring up me. I salute you as a wife who never demanded anything but sacrificed. You are the best women I met in this lifetime.

I dedicate the poem below to all my women readers and HAVE A ROCKING WOMEN’S DAY. Go ahead and wish that one special women of strength with this poem. But do read the post that I will write for Aruna...soon.

A strong woman works out every day to keep her body in shape ...
but a woman of strength kneels in prayer to keep her soul in shape...

A strong woman isn't afraid of anything ...
but a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of her fear...
A strong woman won't let anyone get the best of her ...
but a woman of strength gives the best of her to everyone...
A strong woman makes mistakes and avoids the same in the future...
a woman of strength realizes life's mistakes can also be God's blessings and capitalizes on them...
A strong woman walks sure footedly ...
but a woman of strength knows God will catch her when she falls...
A strong woman wears the look of confidence on her face ...
but a woman of strength wears grace...
A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey ...
but a woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey that she will become strong...