About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Sunday, October 21, 2012

7th Day: I Deserve Respect ....too....

7th day of Navratri and I am not feeling very happy looking at the way things are in my life. I remember the discrimination I faced as a woman and the way I was denied prasadam. You endorse surnames these days like brands as they failed to keep one happy anymore, as a family. All I wanted people to understand was my medical problem and not to develop bitterness towards me as I am not able to do much for them. But I tried my best what all I could do with my means. But like always, I FAILED!

I wrote my book with the same idea but people have understood me like an author not like a human being. What I wanted out of it, did not reached me. It was not for fame but for family. Maybe, God wants me to write now and this is the only extract of everything that I understand. It feels bad but we have to start. I start afresh with a very inspiring poem by JAN BROOKS - A woman of strength.

The only message on this day is learn to respect people and their sentiments. Prasadam is meant to be distributed and even God does not give us right to discriminate as far as prasadam is concerned. I was told distributing prasadam to me is disrespecting it....(:

Strange, we preach different avatars of goddess all 9 days but we disrespect woman who is a part of your family. Then we say, we are religious and god fearing.....



A woman of strength,
Has courage to face the day,
And the confidence,
To handle whatever comes her way.
A woman of strength,
Has so much love to give,
And more compassion,
It gives her a reason to live.
A woman of strength,
Can face trouble with more hope,
Face adversity,
Always finding the strength to cope.
A woman of strength,
Can take the bad with the good,
And learn from it all,
With a sense of pride that’s understood.
A woman of strength,
Can conduct herself with grace,
Hold her head up high,
And dignity always has its place.
A woman of strength,
Can face almost anything,
And can look forward,
To what the future will possibly bring…