About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, April 4, 2016

Haiku and Studies


I am almost done with the proposal commitments before I meet my Project Guide for the first approval. Fingers crossed.

I started studying the material before I write my assignments. The feeling is like being a working student. I started working at the age of 17. I completed my studies while I was working in the evening. I have always been quite good at doing two things at the same time. But with home, husband and work commitments - it is tough, tougher, toughest!! 

Mom is not with me to pack my breakfast though my husband supports a lot still....mom is a mom. She used to make all three meals, pack them for me, oil my hair, cut fruits for me, iron my clothes, and at the end her presence next to me always made a difference. After a tired day - i could sit next to her in the balcony (it was a stress reliever in its own way). I wish I can go back....but I cannot deny the support that my husband gives me. The time he gave me for myself is a big credit to his understanding for my dream to study further....:). The liberty to cook at times and skip when I have deadline is a big help for me. He get me books, make juice for me, put drops in my eyes as I got my yearly seasonal allergies.....what else a wife wants....I guess I got too much without asking....;). Will be visiting university tomorrow for my first submission. Phew!


Here are these four haiku -

# 1

at every turn
the moon reaches before me …
walking uphill

# 2

with him
in his coffin…
scent of jasmine

# 3

in loneliness
reading the epitaph
in reverse

# 4

between
me and him
a cashmere cardigan