About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, September 17, 2012

Celebrating ‘Daughter’s Week’ on my Blog!!



Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven. - Henry Ward Beecher quotes

This week is dedicated to celebration of ‘Daughter’s Day’ that is celebrated in different parts of the world on the fourth Sunday of September month.

23rd September 2012 is the Daughter’s Day and I would love to post content around parent-daughter relationship.

My first post is dedicated to my daughter, Sanjana. I have always kept my daughter as the most unrevealed part of my life as she is a sponsored child. But yes, I would be very proud to write few quotes that express my emotions and love for my daughter in my very first post of ‘Celebration of Daughter’s Week’ on my blog. Indeed, I dedicate this post to my all daughters at Sphoorti, Hyderabad (www.sphoorti.org).

From daughter to be a sponsored mother of a daughter was not an easy journey but I still believe that the best role God gave me was to be a daughter and to sponsor a daughter.

In 2009, when I got a chance to sponsor a child, my heart and mind always wanted a ‘girl child’. It was a cautious decision to sponsor a girl child as I have seen many instances where there had been discrimination in my family on the basis of being a girl child. It was a step to promote the thought that not being a biological mother is not an end and to sponsor a girl child was a reaction to action of ‘discrimination’, among siblings on the basis of gender.

A small message through this post is to promote the idea to sponsor or adopt a ‘girl child’. It is a myth that daughters do not carry their generations forward. It is only in your mind being a part of an Indian community. Think out of the box. Think of some of the legendary women who not only brought fame to India but also to their families.

Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter.  In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters there is something which there are no words to express.  - Joseph Addison

There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself.  - John Gregory Brown

Love Your Daughters!!