About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, August 21, 2014

40 Kms Achieved!!

Yes a tear rolls down my cheek as I post this. It is a day to feel good. I wanted to achieve the target of 40 kms before I turn 34. I could manage to do it.

The bike stops after 100 mins as per the program so I had to feed my stats again to start. There was a lapse of 33 seconds. 1 km cool down is not reflected in the distance covered. Here are the pics of my achievement. Thanks to the trainer to click these for me as I was almost breathless after the entire session of biking almost 125 mins and covering 40 kms. My legs are almost very very tired.....:) but I am too happy. This year I could manage 3 kms of swimming in 1 hr 17 mins and 40 kms of biking in 125 mins. Next target is 4 kms swimming in next two months. I do not add resistance to my session as I want to achieve my goals like a cycle without gears. Adding resistance will make me cover faster which is not the case in a cycleathon so it gets more harder for me :)).

Thanks to God for giving me mental strength to fight my pains and achieve these tasks which were just beyond my capacity. I have never played any sports in my school and for a lazy student like me - it is like a GOLD MEDAL......lol....I have no regrets what I missed in school days....:)