About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Sky is actually not the LIMIT!

A day after I travel to another number, and I gift myself a book - Fault in our stars by John Green. Few hours ago, I started reading it, and I could not stop myself. Reading about the Support Group makes me feel that life is about what? 

People around me are fighting much more tougher battles. But yes, in the change of age, I want to live my life with my goals. Next one year, I am only concentrating on my fitness levels. I have to be back to closer to normal. I know my knees do hurt, my back aches at times and my head rolls like a roller coaster at times BUT there are many in worse conditions than mine. I can walk, I can swim, I can cycle and I can listen! One of my love bird - the youngest in our cage cannot chirp and also cannot listen. I call SKY! She gives me courage and a hope to live with grace!!

At times, when I am sad or too happy I sit in front of their home and talk to my birds. Sky keeps listening to me until I realised a fact that she is deaf and mute! Yes, thats a surprise as I always thought she is listening to me. But she was never, actually. But in this ignorance she gave me the comfort to vent out my happiness, fears, sorrows and achievements. I love her more, now <3.

The empty bottle craft is over. I want to visit a blind school and donate it alongwith some of my paintings. I just want to fill colours in a blind school as for me black will be always a colour but for some it is the only colour!!

Just a thought for all my readers - 'Sky is actually not the limit.'

Happy Tuesday!!