About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Who Matters To Me?

This year has been a turning point in my life. I might be busy for the next two days as the year ends but before that I felt to thank many for their good and bad contribution to my life this year.
One of my close aunt sent me a text message today morning that triggered the idea of this post.
Thanks to those who hate me or called me names. All those who cursed me and believed I am not a ‘woman of values’ or ‘trustworthy person’. You all made me stronger. You made me raise my levels much above you could have expected. With no hard feelings and grudges, I thank you for your contribution to my life this year. Your criticism is my biggest strength.
Thanks to those who loved me as they made my heart bigger. They made me fight with the worst situations of life with courage as I felt it would be unfair to let them down.
Thanks to those who cared as they actually let me know they cared for me.
Thanks to those who left me as they made me realize that nothing lasts forever. They helped me to understand who are my people, I can rely in this lifetime.
Thanks to those who entered my life as they made me who I am today.
I want to start my new year with people who have done so much for me this year and with a very clear note.
“Those who cannot see me when I am visible does not matter to me anymore. Those who can see me when I am invisible are indispensable for me”.