About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What's in a name? That which we call a rose


Some lines that I read and I loved. The reference of a rose is beautifully used in these lines. Thought to blog with my wallpaper.

Juliet:
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."
It is right if we understand the real meaning of the above lines that name is just a reference to an identity. What makes one is not his or her name but what they are as far as their nature and traits are concerned. I will be the same even if I am addressed as ‘Archana’, ‘Archi’, ‘Archie’ ,’Archu’ and so on. What will define me is what I am as a person – good or badJ
But then we cannot deny the fact that name is our identity. It gives us an existence.
Cheerio!