About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Sunday, April 10, 2011

At 54, She DID It!

This post is for my second mother. 
You might say ‘I am like your daughter’ but I will wait for the day the word ‘like’ is out of this sentenceJ
She has been my best friend and most inspiring reader. She is the only one who cried over the call when she came to know about my situation last year. When I asked her, ‘’why’’...she was silent. On that day, I could realise that tears are not only to make you go weak but sometimes to make you understand that people love you. When I stopped writing being under depression she came forward and said chant ‘Hanuman Chalisa’.Wow!
I understood HE has sent her for me. For last three years we share a bond to smile together and cry as well. She has been a mother, a friend, a critic and my best reader.
She supported me in my journey from patient to a writer. The days I am in pain and I feel to cry, I just call her. She taught me ‘Do Not Give Up’. She is my best critic. 
And today when at the age of 54, she starts her own line of business; she has given me strength to work more in life. I wish if I live till 54, I should be as stylish, confident and successful as she is.
Trust me, she has medical problems and she has been a home maker all these years. But today, hats off to you for everything you are doing. As I feel if she can do at the age of 54, we all can do it!
For those who think homemakers are worthless there is another example that a homemaker for so many years is no less confident.

I wish you all the best and this post will always be here for you my second mommy!
Whenever you miss me you will find me here in all these coming yearsJ
Cheerio!