About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Contradictory are Complimentary!!


As this is my birthday month so I feel to write about something that I really follow and believe in life – Contradictory are ComplimentaryJ

It is strange but I have seen people around me who restrict things and relationships in their lives by looking for like minded people. I will not deny that we have some people we are fond of as they have things common with us but that is not the case for every relationship. The bigger challenge and fun is when you can accommodate yourself in all situations and be friendly to everyone irrespective of numerology, astrology and zodiac sign definitions. I agree to the fact that one might be more comfortable with a particular zodiac but when you decide your relationships by selecting one’s zodiac or date of birth or numbers you are at loss.

Being a Virgo my best friends are mainly from three zodiacs – Virgo, Sagittarius and Leo but I never realised until one day I sat making the birthday calendar that these three zodiacs are the best ones for me.

I always believe all zodiacs are same and all numbers are lucky for you till you are good at heart and stable at mind. Even when it comes to marriage I never checked that how good it would be if I marry a Sagittarius guy or a Virgo or some other zodiac as marriage is with a person not with his zodiac. Every zodiac will have certain things in common with yours and some things not what you are looking for. The fun of a relationship is when two people with different aspects stay under the same roof. You have lot to learn and explore. I am a theory person and my husband hates it. He loves to play with numbers and I run away from calculations. He is emotional and I am too bad at expressing my emotions. But being too different has been a challenge initially for both of us but today when we look back we have also learned a lot from each other. Where he thought me Vlookup formula in MS Excel, I thought him how to create a good blog. He is the last person to read my blog and stories but again the first one to tell me that his friends read my blog and complimented him. If I swim well then he is a better player than me in so many sports.

The purpose of this post is to explain that neither marriages are made in heaven nor friends are. Any relationship will succeed when you learn to compliment rather than contradicting all the time. Whatever difference you find in a friend’s or your partner’s opinion, sit and learn from it. If you compliment rather than contradicting, anything will work under the sun and above the ground. Compliment that Contradiction. Stop judging relationships by zodiacs or numbers. All numbers are lucky and all zodiacs are good till you know how to play your cards and place things at the right place.

Hope if any reader of mine had a fight with their friend or partner then read this post and just give them a call or an email or much more than that A HUG!

CheerioJ