About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, March 5, 2012

Salute to ‘The Man with Special Powers’

I am overloaded with work and I have just few minutes to blog this.

My art teacher gifted me a very beautiful candle that she got for me from Mahabaleshwar.

The gift is very special to me as the candle is made by a blind man who makes and sells these candles.

 I am writing my 10th story for my book and it was around a real life incident that took place in a blind school at Delhi in 2005.

I could not find the right ending for my story but this candle gives me an idea or I must say that it gives me light of hope that God created people with a sixth sense – sense of ‘Humanity’.

My teacher told me that the man with special powers (I address them as people with special powers) was touching to understand and tell which candle costs how much and he was as good as selling them as anyone else. He was good enough to figure out whether you paid him the right money or not. And he was quite good enough to return you the right balance amount.

Strange!!

My cousin brother was in town and I met him after 7 years. He asked me a question – we have ‘women’s day’ but there is no day as ‘Men’s Day’

I was so witty to comment – there is nothing men have done that they need to be appraised. But this was just like teasing him as deep within my heart; I believe that a woman is incomplete without a man. They complement each other and that is what I am trying to celebrate on my blog as a part of Women’s Week 2012.

This candle and the story of this blind man living up to the expectations of his family and society is just one example of many such instances. But I am sure he is an inspiration for many women who lose hope in life and surrender to it. I am really inspired by him and that what makes me blog this.

GTG!