About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Check on My Art Blog - Ganesha By Nature!

This is one of my best creations so far. I have made this painting in a month's time as it was really hard to make. From sketch to the colour combination, everything is my imagination. I have not used any acyrlic or oil paints. This painting is made by using food products - rice, beans, dry fruits, pulses and ragi. The hardest part was to use ragi for the background. I woke up at 2 AM in the morning, and was filling the background using ragi till 5 AM. It took me 3 hours to balance the background of the painting. I chose not to color the beans or rice as I wanted to make Ganesha in a natural way. I call this painting as - Ganesha By Nature. I challenged my patience while making this painting.


Check at the above link - my Ganesha By Nature!