About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, January 27, 2014

Busy - Dolce Far Niente!

I just completed my two stories - one with the total words - 2939 and the other with 1300 words. My stories are well proofread and I can see the dark circles under my eyes. But I am happy as I could finish it before time. Tonight, I plan to finalise both stories and send my submissions. From tomorrow, I am back to my two other projects with my course formalities. Today, I scanned my all certificates and there was a big smile on my face as I never realised I had wonderful things in that file.

I saw a certificate awarded to me by Sahitya Akademi in 1999. My trophy is at my parent's place. The article was my first write-up at the age of 18 and it was awarded. I could recall my financial crisis to get a dress to wear as per the occassion. But God helped like always. I saw my all certificates where I was awarded 'Excellent Grades', and tears rolled down my cheeks. Anyways, if my fight is with arthritis, I will fight till I WIN or I DIE!

I believe those who follow middle path in life - never regret. They are calm, serene, understand things and are grounded. I always followed a middle path. I never ran after things or fame. I believe in doing my Karma. If my work is good, God will see my efforts and award me. My best friend and sister told me about madhyam marg philosophy of Buddha. If you are too high in arrogance and then you fall, you will surely get hurt. But if you are peaceful within, you are grounded and follow a middle path, there is no chance you will get hurt.

Remember, humility always pay off. Love people, be human and believe in one thing - if you are kind, then only you can enjoy - Dolce Far Niente...................:)

Love you all!

<3