About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, November 2, 2015

Why Amitie Happened ?

I have been always a very extrovert person, and clear in my conversation, and many actions as well. I am not gender biased or one of those who think how to react before they act. I have been a very free minded person who loves to express what she feels....

BUT I must write - I used to be like this

This July - everything changed for me, and I am sure it will be never the same again. Three things once broken can never be amended - glass, heart and trust. You can use the best adhesive but at last all you will see - will be the 'CRACK' in it....lol!!

At times you spend years to know someone, to find a face to a name, and then one day your life changes , and you regret why you came to know things this way. It happened for me.

A mug with few French words prompted me to make it my profile picture. I thought to celebrate friendship (which was a significant part of my real world). But technology and the file properties showed up a different direction - a name that left me thinking 'am I seeing the right name'. I used all the softwares for checking the properties but it showed up the same name. Things changed!!

In few clicks - everything changed. I was furious...angry...hurt....lol...and at the end an illeist, I guess...not sure. Few seconds changed me forever. My mind was numb. My heart just broke into pieces and it will be never beat the same way ever !

I chose to ask. I chose to question. My mind said - Do It! 

But my heart said - Wait. Flip your choice of anger with love. 

I relaxed. In front of me was a beautiful family (maybe I wanted to see). I felt like a rushing wave that can spill a beautiful sandcastle. Being there, I was not there. For the first time - I conquered my anger. I asked no questions. I said nothing. I took all the things within me, and I silently walked away. 

I could have questioned. I could have defended myself for the names called - but at the end, I knew, my love for a friend is above all these silly questions. Maybe I felt like a trash. There were many why(s), if(s), what(s), that will always be there in my heart - but I chose to accept life. 

A room in my heart will have this memory of this friendship. But what about that space that God had created. That's the launch painting of Kala Sutra - Lord Ganesha (as you see below). That's the theme of 2016 Kala Sutra - Divine Friendship. I chose my love for a friend over my anger. I chose my silence over my questions. I chose my friend's happiness over mine. I accepted all blames happily as when you love a friend - you have to accept them as they are. For me - it was a friendship, and  that's how Amitie painting happened. 

And I just left.....forever!!

Maybe some day....don't know....I actually don't know will God change things...

Few seconds of anger control helped me to sustain and stabilise things.

I might be misunderstood forever - but it's better than being a rushing wave towards a sandcastle.

"Rest of your life - you shall live with your hatred..
Rest of my life - I shall live with my love for a friend" ....(unknown)

This Festival Season - Promise Yourself to do good to your loved ones.

Buona Notte!