About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, February 1, 2016

Note From Writer's Desk


January was a month of submissions and responses in return. It started on a great note with my inclination to start a course for a year in Creative Writing. It was a month wherein I chose to write short stories, free verse, long poems, senryu, tanka, haiku, and participating in contests. To see a haiku on fifth position makes it worthwhile.





Shiki Kukai Results are out!!
Congratulations to the winners. Well deserved wins.
I am thankful to those who voted for me. My Free Format submission of Haiku stands at Fifth Place with 15 points.


filling the gaps
between the floes ...
these stars
(Archana Kapoor Nagpal
Bangalore, India)
(1,2,8) = 15 pts

Also my Kigo Section haiku got 11 points. Happy as it is special to me.
Doctor reading
my baby's growth ...
first scan
(Archana Kapoor Nagpal, Bangalore, India)
(0,4,3) = 11 pts


I completed the editing of our next AU project - Nothing is Mystery. Read some of the stories by writers with diverse backgrounds, and academic exposure.



I have made a video of 35 seconds for the published work. There are many submissions that are accepted but are scheduled to be published in Feb (will be shared in Feb video). I plan to do it either every month or every quarter as my study schedule allows me. I am published in Whispers, VerseWrights, Writer's Drawer,and Ershik #12. February will have more new journals to my author profile like Anti Heroic Chic, and some surprises.



My blog has seen 388 hits in the last month with my 11 posts reaching the page views to 43,858.

Thank yo for reading me so far.


Please visit my FB author page to view the video.
:)