About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, December 13, 2010

Why I Started Blogging Again?

The concept behind ‘So You Think You Are Living’ is my life and how it changed since 14th June 2010. The spice jet flight from Delhi to Hyderabad although delayed by 4 hours due to unexpected rains gave me an idea to start blogging again. I still remember the storm of thoughts that passed through my mind to my heart capturing my each nerve and artery until I completely lost my control and tears starting rolling over my cheeks. I agree I was a lily-livered emotional woman at that point of time until HE came and sat next to my seat.
Surprisingly, who is that ‘HE’, I myself do not know but I am sure that day he boarded the flight for me as he was late to board and all passengers were waiting for my ‘HE’. He was in his mid 40s tall, dark, Telugu guy. I never asked him any questions as I was engrossed in my own thoughts but I answered his questions as he sounded like someone who wanted to lend an ear and a shoulder to cry. I regret as I will never be able to locate ‘HE’ but I am sure if Life gives a second chance we might meet again may be at the Airport or in Hyderabad.
The moment plane took off he asked me as if he was waiting for the take off “why are you crying lady?” This was followed by complete silence from my end. Usually, this is the way I respond on such questions. Another question “Are you fine or shall I call the steward”? I responded “I am fine and please let me be myself for a while”. He said “No problems just thought to check if you need any help”. I do not know but at this I looked at him and said “I have lost everything that means everything, so how can you help me”. He laughed and said something that astonished me “But I see you alive, I mean you still five senses, all vital organs and a brain to think. You are pretty, young and can take a flight from Delhi to Hyderabad on your own. Indeed as per any human being you are still ALIVE. In short you are living”. But then all of a sudden he gave a frowned eyebrow expression asking or commenting I do not know myself ‘SO YOU THINK YOU ARE LIVING’.
For an hour we were silent until we were served food and I felt to initiate conversation with him around what he meant by ‘So you think you are living’. And he politely responded “If you lose everything but you have a control on yourself you can achieve it back. I mean you are alive. You have skills like we all have but it is just that you have few or may be many things that you have lost but remember you have not lost LIFE. I will not intrude but just tell one thing LIVE and try to feel the essence of LIFE. If you feel that you are not living it is worse than being on death bed. What you lost was not yours and you can recover by doing something so that others do not lose the same thing or fall into the same situation as you are today. In simple words when we cannot set ourselves free we should set others free, that will give you a feeling of freedom.”
I heard him and something was so convincing that for last few months his words echo in my ears. His face, voice and the confidence pushes me to think how can I do what he told me through his words or may be his experiences? I got back to work, I started my life again but with few lifestyle changes as demanded but still I felt something is missing.
So I kept thinking and thinking until this idea to blogging came to my mind. This blog is a place for my friends and strangers to visit and read. With professional and personal commitments, I will post contents around ‘LIFE’. ‘How my ‘LIFE’ changed with few diagnostics’, ‘How I dealt with problems or my trauma’, ‘What I mean when I say ‘Never stop fighting’’, ‘My personal experiences and what I learnt from them’, ‘Real-Life Inspirational Stories’ and ‘Few Videos to enhance the meaning of ‘Life’’.
If I could change one bad thing to good in your life the purpose of my blogging is served. ‘So You Think You Are Living’ is not a question or an expression but a thought that sometimes our sub-cautious mind puts to us.
I am thankful to my ‘HE’ forever for making me understand ‘LIFE’ and this definitely transitioned me from a lily-livered emotional woman to a woman of substance, courage and patience. Over the period of time I have developed as a practical personality to take up this responsibility of re-blogging as a stable blogger.