About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jai Hind!!!

Jai Hind !
Strange!!!
I have not received a single sms on my either numbers. Though, if it would have been a Valentine’s Day or Diwali, my inbox gets flooded with messages. Indeed, I am no exception until my cousin messaged me with the following text:
“Never forget the heroes who sacrificed their lives to bring up this glorious day for us. Lets stand up and salute them.”
The moment I read the message, I felt ashamed that how ignorant we have become towards our country. A country that is not only our identity but also our ‘HOME’. Yes, the word is ‘HOME’.
Think if you forget your address (just imagine), how difficult it would be for you to find a safe shelter for yourself. Then how can we be so ignorant towards ‘Republic Day’. We have started cherishing 26th January as more of a holiday than a national pride.
The moment I got the message, I opened my wardrobe to find something that is closer to the three beautiful colours of our Flag. Nothing was there. I experimented with a white salwar-kurti and an orange-green dupatta. Trust me, I felt connected to my motherland. No wonders colours can be helpful.
I am proud to be an Indian and I respect my identity much more than anything. Respect those who gave us a free democratic country to express our ideas and thoughts. There can be no description of me other than that I am a ‘PROUD INDIAN’
Happy Republic Day
Jai Hind!