About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, February 3, 2011

You Are Special - Don't Ever Forget It

A friend of mine asked me what motivates me to live irrespective of so many medical problems and unwanted bills. Like I inspire others there might be someone or somebody who inspires me as well. Post diagnosis, I have learned the basic integral truth of life. Life is Beautiful, Live it Beautifully. But yes there are days when I also feel exasperated and helpless because of pain. Those days my vedic chants and religious mantras generally fail. My mind is negatively driven to unwanted thoughts on such days. All I will do is search for something on net for self-help. Few stories are a waste as they have no meaning and they drag you more towards sadness and pain. But yes some are really inspiring as the one I read today. I wish the day my book is completed I can spend more time on my blog writing more stuff for my readers. I read the following story and would love to post it under my ‘label’ – ‘From My Library’. Enjoy this one.

A well known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?"

Hands started going up.

He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this." He proceeded to crumple the dollar bill up.

He then asked, "Who still wants it?"

Still the hands were up in the air.

"Well," he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe.

He picked it up, now all crumpled and dirty. "Now who still wants it?" Still the hands went into the air.

"My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20.  

Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way.

We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. You are special - Don't ever forget it!