About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, April 15, 2011

She Ran Away From Home and Made it Big in Fashion

Thanks Ajitabh!

Ajitabh, my most regular reader has sent me this story.
I am really motivated after reading this story and I firmly believe where there is a will, there is a
way. I live on this note and it really helps. The days I am feel low or sad usually when my joints are unfriendly to me, I close my eyes and start thinking about such short real life stories that inspire me and help me to move on!
Unfortunately, today was one such day. When I read this story, I could not stop myself posting it. Like me someone somewhere might get motivated.
When she was 18, Vaishali Shadangule (neeTalankar) walked out of her parents' home in a small town in Madhya Pradesh with no money or belongings. Today, the designer runs a fashion brand in Mumbai that employs 65 people. This is her rags-to-riches tale.
It was little past 3 am when Vaishali walked out of her parents' home in Vidisha, a small town about 56 km northeast of Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh.
She walked furiously towards the local train station, with just the clothes she was wearing at that moment -- no baggage, no cash, nothing.
As she sat on the platform, ignoring the curious and unwelcome stares, she hoped for a train to arrive that would take her away from her hometown.
When she got into the first train that chugged up to the platform, she didn't know if it was going to Bhopal -- the largest town close to her home -- or away from it.
All she wanted to do was to get out of Vidisha forever.
A little over 12 years later she employs over 65 people at Vaishali S, a design house of some repute in Mumbai. Her flagship store is a sprawling 2,000 sq feet multi-level outlet in the upscale northern suburb of Juhu.
Vaishali just made her debut at the Lakme Fashion Week, her designs a pleasant departure from the heavily embroidered clothes that she usually retails.
The line -- Virus Free -- drew inspiration from pleasant childhood memories and used Chanderi, a delicate handwoven fabric from her home state, as its base fabric.
Vaishali Shadangule's journey from that railway platform in a small town in Madhya Pradesh to the glittering runway in Mumbai is purely inspirational.
To My Readers-
Dreams will only come true when you work around them. Dreams can turn into reality if you have the will to fight to make them come true.
Love Yourself!
Love Ya All
Have a rocking weekend!
CheerioJ