About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

From Hospital to Home!!!

Hey-
Note for readers...

I was scheduled for a foot surgery yesterday at 8 AM (IST). Last time my right foot was operated and this time I was facing the same problem with the left one. As per my surgeon I need to be operated before my thumb gets infected. . I was excited for the surgery as I am used to themJ

Going to hospital and coming back has become like a vicious circle for me. But there is something I still cherish and that is every visit makes me fall in love with LIFE.  When I see people struggling with life I think of only one aspect – Life is so beautiful we all want to save it and live it!

The days and nights spend in the hospital does not bore me anymore as there is something to observe like so many things need to be invented and modified as far as hospitalisation in India is concerned. The affection and concern of my doctor, selfless nurses and much above that I really need to work on my patience levels.

The feeling to be admitted and going through medical checks does not scare me anymore. I have started thinking Operation Theatre as a ‘Film Studio’ where my doctor is the director and the lights right above my head (sorry,I am not sure what they called) are like spotlights.

 I love my doctor and I love when he operates me. There is a strange chemistry I share with him. He has always been very soft and delicate. I still remember in my last surgery the moment he entered the OT he held my hand and said “I am here with you, so just relax, do not worry”.

The way he did my dressings though his assistant is suppose to do it for him, he never lets anyone else handle my case. So now I have three weeks with him until my bandage gets off and I get back on my feet.

I will miss my swimming classes and students. I will not be swimming until mid June. But I will still hit the gym in my bandaged foot for weight training and strengthening exercises. There should be no excuse to exercise. Moreover I do not believe in ‘Giving Up’. I am sure post surgery the very next morning; I will go for a slow walk. Always carry your problems with ELAN!

Now why did I post this, surely not for sympathy or empathy but to tell that I love life no matter how many challenges I am facing or I may have to face in future. If there will be no challenge in life I might get bored and maybe you will also agree to this. So accept the way life is and love your challenges as they are the doors to your happiness. I am very happy post surgery and that is the way I have learned to be happyJ

Now I need rest........

Dolce Vita..Amilo TuttoJ

CheerioJ