About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Take Challenges: Back to Swimming Sessions



Life is about risks and challenges. There is no fun when you have nothing to look forward in life. For some people, God has given a family, children and many responsibilities around them to live the word, ‘LIFE’.

For the rest of them, God has left the opportunity to challenge themselves at different stages of life. Living with arthritis and painful joints is no more a challenge for me. I call it as ‘Being Alive’. I do not know the feeling to live a painless dayJ. Indeed, the days when my knees don’t hurt, I feel ‘something is missing in life’. It has become my habit or maybe ‘I have learned to live with it’J.

In short, God has given all of us our set of responsibilities and challenges. Where ‘responsibilities’ tie us under ‘restrictions’; ‘challenges’ makes us feel ‘free’ and enjoy our liberty. ‘Responsibilities’ make us feel worth for others and ‘challenges’ make us judge what all we are worth of doing in life.

‘Responsibilities’ are given by our ‘relations’ and ‘commitments’ whereas ‘challenges’ are to be taken. I just started my coaching classes for swimming and it was not in my mind or plans, when I landed at Delhi.

The idea to take it was completely intentional as my student is 97kgs in weight and she was facing trouble in being trained by her trainer. She approached me and I decided to train her as this was a challenge for me. I am happy as in 5 sessions, she lost 2 kgs and she is really doing good J.

Set challenges, take them forward and enjoy the feeling of accomplishing them. Every challenge sets you free of your mental or physical blocks and you experience the real sense of ‘liberty’.

A quote that compliments this post –

“I walk the city, 
through its crush of people 
and its smells:
body odour, rotting food, 
vomit and urine. 
A cocktail of oppression and freedom.” 
 
Emma Cameron

Life is a challenge - Gurjas Singh Narula
Life is a challenge - meet it
Life is a gift - accept it
Life is a sorrow - over come it
Life is a tragedy - face it
Life is a mystery - unfold it
Life is a opportunity - take it
Life is a promise - complete it
Life is a struggle - fight it
Life is a goal - achieve it
Life is love - love it
Life is adventurous- have fun
Life is a duty - perform it
Life is a game - out smart it
Life is a beauty - praise it
Life is great- make something good of it
So life is a celebration –eat, laugh and do meditation. 
Happy WeekendJ


Cheerio!