About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, October 15, 2012

Stream of Life: A thought for Monday:)


‘So You Think You Are Living’ is a blog dedicated to a very simple but complicated word, LIFE. Two years back, I started with this blog as an idea to inspire myself and live a worthwhile life. I was never aware that we have blog stats and my blog was a public entity, as I am not a techie. But it helped me to explore and learn many things.

Few lines of a poem, Stream Of Life by Rabindranath Tagore

The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day 
runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures. 

It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth 
in numberless blades of grass 
and breaks into tumultuous waves of leaves and flowers. 

It is the same life that is rocked in the ocean-cradle of birth 
and of death, in ebb and in flow. 

I feel my limbs are made glorious by the touch of this world of life. 
And my pride is from the life-throb of ages dancing in my blood this moment

From a woman of leisure for some and a bored housewife for many, this blog opened doors for me to write for many different streams of writing – product portfolio, corporate newsletters, magazines and a book. People who are close to me know that I had nobody to vent out my thoughts, when a laptop screen was more comfortable than a mother’s lap. It was a journey of fun, fiction, inspiration, emotion and transformation.

It connected me to many people from different parts of the globe and I could see things from a bigger platform. Sometimes conversing with mind and at times with my heart, my life was moving or flowing through the posts of this blog. I must confess my blog helped me to ‘move on’ in my life and does not stop for ‘no reasons’!

It has thought me that when life is moving in a forward direction, you will always appreciate the route taken. A journey is covered when you move forward and look back to cherish some of the most fantabulous moments.

Today, it is Monday and let us start this week with a wonderful thought, ‘Life has been so kind to us and let us be kind to Life as well’. Live it, Love it.

Let it flow like a river so that you can feel the freshness of each milestone that you accomplish.

Happy WeekendJ