About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Back to School or Back to Corporate: From Colours to Rasam!!

Aadaab, Salaam, Namaste!

I missed my painting class yesterday and today was just not my day(:. After a very hectic day, blogging really helps me. I love to share with my family of readers my each activity:)...There were days when had just time and now there are days when I crave for time....human mind can never be satisfied. But I am happy to be busy!

Before I head for an hour’s meditation as it is Thursday, I thought to blog how is it to do something you have never done before – sketching. I am really bad at it.

My days are over occupied and I have no clue when sun rises and when it sets. From workouts to classes and then meditation, time really flies and when I hit the bed, I have no clue where am I J. Not to forget I am still a homemaker so my home needs me like always. I enjoy cooking, it destresses meJ

I think kickboxing sessions a week were less tiring than painting classes. This is now basic course which is around sketching and in next level I will opt for one kind of fine art at each level.

I feel as if I am back to school with my 2B to 6B pencils and poster colours. My teacher complimented me for two things today – the way I use the frame to sketch shows I am highly confident and that my focus is appropriate. I am a quick learner. She said something that I completely agree, one activity supports another activity.

Like swimming, the basic of sketching is not to stiff yourself. Be at ease when you draw any object. I carry my A4 size book and a big bag of colours munching my lunch while walking a kilometre for my classes. I prefer evening classes as my husband can pick me on the way.

BTW, days are so busy that it has been more of eating at office cafeteria of my friends. I see people tagged with their id cards and I walking in my silly jeans and white shirt with a gym bag and painting stuff. I feel out of place but sitting and having food with decked corporate guys and galsJ is a great feeling in itself. They give me ideas to write my blog and stories. For a while, I feel I am one of themJ

Yes, today I have knee pain. It is like someone is putting a needle from end to another and then rotating it. It is tough to bear and this cafeteria food has aggravated my GERD. So I think meditation will help me. I am painting a vase these days and few other pieces. I will post the picture of one of them soon. Today, I have spent 2 hours painting one of my best pieces of art that I picked from my friend. Got to go for meditation.

Good Night!