About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Sunday, February 24, 2013

A n A?

I have almost completed my book, and it is at the stage of editing and compiling. I am back to my old routine of workouts. I went to Nandi Hills with my friends to start a new day after 34 weeks of writing for my book. Just two more weeks and then we will see how things go in my life.

For last one month the swimming pool was under some kind of construction. I have gone through painful days but finally it is inaugrated in the morning. The club manager who is a retired from Indian Armed Forces called my husband to convey a message as following:

"Your wife was the first person who came to my mind. I know her love for swimming and I can understand all the pain that she experienced in the last one month. I thought to personally call to share the good news with her".

I was completely flattered. I was like - 'people notice me?....'....I was touched by his concern for my condition. A patient only needs care and a word of support. I thanked him n number of times!

After a while, a friend called to tell that she met my AOL teacher in Hyderabad, and he still remembers me. He told her about my medical condition that when I attended the class in 2011, I was in a very bad shape - mentally and physically. I was again shocked - my teacher who come across so many students in a month/year remembers me, and my medical condition....I thanked him too............

A = Archana and A = Arthritis.....Weird Strange Combination in my life:)

Any patient just needs a word of encouragement. It boosts their morale. Give something to the world so that you are remembered forever!

God gave me Arthritis for a reason...............!!