About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, April 1, 2013

Through Her Eyes!

I am writing a poem. Just written first few lines. I thought to share as I cried after writing these lines. I felt that being blind is such a difficult thing in life. At times, we start seeing the world from someone else's eyes. We become blind of our own choice. This poem is difficult for me to complete.What about many such people who do not have someone's eyes to see this beautiful world. Just imagine, if you can see but you are asked to live without seeing the world and its beautiful relationships. It is not less than a curse!

I will give a happy ending to this poem. Until then few lines for all of you!


I brought her into this world,
But she is like a mother to me,
The only colour I know is black,
I see this beautiful paradise,
Through her eyes only,
She sits next to me,
Tells me how water changes its colours,
When rays of the sun falls into the pond,
How swiftly the fishes flutter,
There is just darkness around me,
Though I can see light of hope,
Through her eyes only.............