About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Colours of Morning....

When I got up this morning, my eyes were all red and swollen. Maybe, I cried beyond my eyes could tolerate. I applied ice all around my eyes, and it really hurts. I lit a lamp in my temple and just watch it, trying to concentrate to wash out all the pains that I felt last night. At times, you find hard to share your sorrows with anyone around, as you feel scared of being judged. Maybe, I preferred crying in the washroom rather than sharing my sorrows. Observing the lamp and finding peace sitting next to my home temple made me feel peaceful. 

I started reading 'Bhagvad Gita' before I experienced the sunrise, and started my day with regular yoga asanas. Back to sun salutation from today. 

Few lines of Bhagvad Gita (of course I cannot read Hindi so it has to be in English or Hinglish)..........

"He alone sees truly who sees the Lord the same in every creature...seeing the same Lord everywhere, he does not harm himself or others."

I find solace as I remember words of my 'Art of Living' teacher

" I believe no one else is responsible for one's misery. He/she is responsible for his/her state of mind or miserable instances so am I. We cannot stand other's responsible for hurting us as we could not define or draw a line. Every mistake is a lesson for one to better his approach in life. We should not blame others for what we experience but we should work to improve ourselves by making us strong and stable. Forgiveness is not about forgiving others but learning not to hurt your soul. Life is a wheel and it has to move. It cannot stay for long at a place as it's purpose is to move. When you stop for something for too long, you forget the purpose of your life."

Such beautiful lines can make anyone feel at peace. Maybe, it is hard to preach but easy to teach but at the end of the day - life noves on!

Happy Weekend!
~