About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Happy Day for Me!!

It was a good start and a happy ending of my day. I got an email about my daughter's scorecards and other updates. I also got see her latest picture, and I was so happy to see my little angel. 

I was so proud to see my daughter in her school uniform. Her baby black eyes and short haircut makes her look so cute! 

She had scored 85% in her exams.

She is going to dance classes and this would be her best gift to me. I am a trained Kathak dancer, and I know 6 different dance forms but I am sure she must be a better dancer than me.

Her charming smile made me cry. In January 2014, I will send a cheque to her NGO that will fund her next three years of expenses. Thanks to God for helping me to do something for my daughter and all the children at Sphoorti.

My daughter plays badminton too. I am happy to see her growing as a determinant child. But my child has to know and learn - 'how to swim'. That is my job to coach my daughter to swim, if things go good in life.

I will have a peaceful sleep tonight. This week was the best week of the year. All good things happened.

I find myself quite stable now!

I think of a quote - 

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” - Winston Churchill

Buona Notte