About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, February 17, 2014

WOW Moment

Dear Readers -

I am blogging after a long break. But let us start with a good news from my end.

********************************** WOW Moment  **************************

Just got an email around my submission. One of the International Anthology - Journal has shortlisted my poem - "'Woes of Spring' for their Annual Anthology. This anthology is on a global platform wherein authors from different countries and different walks of life submit their artwork and literary pieces that go through the selection process. In 2014 edition, my poem will be among all the shortlisted submissions. This poem is inspired by true life incident, and is about a farmer who is not able to harvest his crop due to drought. The poem is around the agony and despair of a farmer to see his family hungry during the season of spring - whereas the world is celebrating the harvest season, and daffodils are blooming. I have written around many prevailing issues but this is special to me as I really worked very hard on this poem. The issue is scheduled to be released in March 2014, and I will share the links on Fb and my blogs/author profiles..Thanks for reading me so far. Elated!

Yes, I am half-way through of my poem for Women's Day. I am enjoying writing Haiku these days. I have really improved and still a long way to go:)

Cheers!