About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Don't Kill Your Language - Suzanne Talhouk!!

Hmmm...interesting ted talk video. I took a break from writing and Haiku. For few weeks, I am just writing Haiku and reading lots of books around the same. One thing has changed about me - I am more political in nature. Yes, my language and my thoughts have changed as people wanted me always to be the way I am now:).....I have always enjoyed my company. I can live alone in a forest ,and all I need is a pool:). I am not a person who really need friends/family/relatives...I can dance alone, shop alone, eat alone, and travel alone. But yes one thing that always connect me to myself are books. My best friend are my books. I can read and spend hours on the couch with my books:). Maybe, I am so used to betrayals in life:).

This video is so true as we are so much living in a western culture that we have lost the touch with our language. I am no exception but still I want my readers to view this video, and think for a while - don't you think this is so true!


I think of a quote by Nelson Mandela -  If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.

:)