About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

1156 words.................

 I am enjoying mangoes..mango shake, mango ice-creams, smoothies.....and also a song 'Ishq Bulaava' (you do not know when you get a call/invitation to fall in love....<3...) from one of the latest bollywood movies.


Yes, I have almost written 1156 words of my very first chapter of the book on the journey of life of KY Venkatesh. I am going slow as I want to do justice to the subject. Moreover, I cannot afford to strain my back either.

While writing the very first chapter, I have read some of the inspiring real life stories of paralympic winners. One such story that keeps me moving to write better is that of Robert M. Helsen. A quote written by him gives me inspiration to believe in myself, and the fact that 'I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability'. 


I know I feel pain in doing many tasks. I know it affects my psychology many times in a day. I could not sleep for last so many months due to pain, and my life is not as normal as many others around me. Either pain or pills drive me to live BUT still I am living it, and will try to live better with a BIG SMILE. This is the reason, I want to take more than a year to write this book. I do not want to write for a reason but with a reason to write.

Anyways, a beautiful Haiku that got published on a blog dedicated to mother's day. 

daylight moon
between the clouds --
mother's day


Cheers !!