About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, November 6, 2015

Thank You Chatroom!

Life is strange. I created a yahoo account two months ago for my haiku submissions. Fortunately - I was mistakingly logged into a chat room. I was not quite familiar with yahoo as I hardly use it but after closing my Hotmail account - this was a good option. 

I was figuring out how to come out of this chat room that too when so many messages were coming. Some erotic stuff that I just hated. I was about to go offline when a message came. Ofcourse - my photo was not there and my name was not appearing as my name. I was not interested but then I read the message. I can make it out - it was US English (slang...!). The introduction was funny and maybe I stopped as it made me laugh....In two months I found a chat buddy who taught me so many good things about his field without knowing me. He comes from a background of biotechnology and doing research. I have read some great papers. How cells work...multiply...I feel literate enough now ;) A person was just bored of studies and entered a chat room to chat; I entered out of mistake.  We read good articles together...:)

I am no more a chat person but a man in his forties made me read his amazing articles, medical patient information research, and showed me a positive side of this chat room stuff. Though I have not shared anything about me but he consults me for my feedback for his work. My advise for his thesis at times. I have booked an hour a week to chat and read. The best part is its only about education here. 

I never knew about Wow Club until I was told by him. Today - I joined this club to travel solo once a while. I have read so many papers around his research. Though I never told that I write but this chat room introduced me to US culture after I had left Deloitte.

Just happy to see good things....also happen in chat rooms. It's all about how to deal with people...and your moral values.

:)