About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

My First Cento Gets Published!!


My very first cento (remixed poem) inspired by the works of my favourite poet - John Keats titled 'Unfathomable Love' gets published on Dead Snakes. 

Here is the link for my all readers. Though I do not think cento is purely a creative piece by a writer/poet so I am not much into it. I see it as recreating something out of someone's else work. Wanted to try, my editor liked it, and got it published.


http://deadsnakes.blogspot.in/2016/03/archana-kapoor-nagpal-poem_21.html

Unfathomable Love

A cloud across the moon, -- the lights bring in!
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
Sweet, holy, pure, sacred and innocent,
But here there is no light
Still, still to hear her tender-taken breath
Before my pen has glean'd my teeming brain
Exact in capitals your golden name;
My heart aches, and a drowsy numbness pains
That I shall never look upon thee more,
So fondly I'll breathe, and so softly I'll sigh,
With good advices; and I here remain,
My spirit is too weak; mortality
And so live ever--or else swoon to death.


Sources - Poems of John Keats:

A Thing Of Beauty (Endymion)
Bright Star
When I have Fears
Ode To A Nightingale
Sonnet
Stanzas To Miss Wylie