About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, March 21, 2016

13 and 11 ....

Being a student after 13 years is a feeling of nostalgia in itIself. I guess I am the eldest among my class mates. At times we take too much time to decide the direction or I must write the right direction of life. But I believe - there is a right time for everything. I might leave Bangalore maybe in few months so I wanted to use my time effectively.

Out of entries of 211 authors from 43 countries - one of my favourite haiku got place at 11th position. It is such a great feeling to see my haiku among top few numbers. This month I have seen my work among top in three contests. The feeling is great in itself.

The haiku is as below:

a shooting star -
he holds my hand
to make a wish

(11th Place, EQK #13)

(The keyword for the contest - 'People')

Here is the link to the blog published - 


Happy Monday!