About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, January 3, 2011

3 Updates For My Readers

I had a great night out on January 1st and hope you guys would have enjoyed as well. There are three updates for my readers.

Update 1:
I have finally taken up the idea to write a book. I know this will leave a smile on few special faces as few of you really wanted me to write one. I have no clue what will I write or pen down but yes my mind has started shaping up in that direction. To be honest I have already pen down couple of chapters and this keeps me truly busy.  As I scope things, I might have to invest the time of my blog to the book so the frequency of my posts might reduce on weekly basis. I will post the link on my FB to keep you guys updated. Like my blog my book has to closer to the realistic, practical world of common masses. It has to be in simple language and real facts which means no place for ‘Fiction’. Most of you would have judged I cannot write fiction and I want to do justice to what I write. My exposure is limited to real world and facts around common man only. So my posts might reduce to few numbers as compared to earlier frequency.
Update 2:
The idea of book is exciting and it really makes me feel that sitting at a desk with a laptop for 8 hours in an office was easier than writing a book. When you write for others there is lot of judgements about the subject and much more than that you have to be prepared for both sides of the coin – criticisms and appreciation. Where former gives you an idea of ‘improvement areas’, the latter keep you spirits high. So you really need focus and a balance between mind and soul. As a result I have taken of the comments section since I had to invest lot of time in screening the comments, deciding what to publish and what not. Much more than that responding to few readers who leave their comments with email ids. The best part is to screen comments that are more like criticisms and with not much information. As most of you are on my FB you can leave you healthy feedback there itself. But I appreciate all the comments both negative and positive as they give me a challenge to write better and develop as a mature writer. I want people to read me through my blog not through comments.
Update 3:
This is for the last post dated 31st December 2010. Two of my close friends and my honest readers have left comments on FB. Thanks for the appreciation but I shared this story not to prove that I am ‘Bravo’ but to tell that ‘Live Life in Moments’. But yes your comments really pumped me up and I felt good that people are able to connect with what I write. And I admit that you two have been my honest readers who came up with criticisms as well. I would definitely need your help while my book writing.
Few days back when I got a good comment, I shared with all of you so today, an honest thing for all my readers. You all will be surprised to know that my biggest critic is my husband as he never read any of my post and he is definitely one of my biggeststrength to start this blog. This Saturday when he read my first post he said “You really write well and you can definitely write a book but I find your post not very exciting.” I gave a weird look to which he said “Healthy feedback. Everyone may not have the same interest. If you write for common masses then you are open to different feedback. I like fiction so for me your posts are not very interesting but on the whole you are good writer.” I felt bad for a while but then I thought his honesty is to be appreciated. At the same time he gives me a reason to improve. So does all of you.
I am planning to add few more labels to the blog and you guys would be updated around the same.
Happy 2011