About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, June 10, 2011

Do you know 108??...I Attended IT!


I live in a society in Hyderabad where we have almost 4 blocks that comprises of 600 apartments. Total number of residents must be around 1500 or maybe more.

One of the best leading MNC in Hyderabad has organised a day’s workshop for life safety tips. Surprisingly, out of the strength of 1500 people hardly 20 were present. I reached at 10:30 as per the scheduled timings but was shocked to see nobody was there and the organisers were sitting disappointed. Actually, it is a matter of disappointment for those who missed it as they were here for all of us.

Unlike western countries our schools and colleges are not equipped or trained to train students or employees on life safety tips. There are so many things we are taught by our grandmothers and moms which are incorrect (I also realised it TODAY!). I was told if you face nose bleeding put your head backwards since my childhood. It is absolutely incorrect and I have learned the right way at the age of 31...Jesus, after 30 years of incorrect way to control bleeding.

Attending such a workshop is learning for us so please do attend such workshops. I am giving one thing in this post as it is difficult to draft all the points of the workshop for my readers.

For my readers from India, please whenever you encounter any emergency call – 108. To know more about 108 click the link below. If you knew about this then share with others else read the link.

Call 108 for Emergency is the best thing I can share with my readers from my workshop.

I had a good day of learning and I am sure it will benefit others through me.

Love Yourself!

CheerioJ