About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What makes your Environment???

Ciao
If you read the morning post –  Motlo Perfetto - Very Perfect!! 
Let us move to the next message for World Environment Day 2011.

I have been very emotional in my life. Words like family, cousins and relations have been the core strength of my lifeJ

The more I went closer to these words the more people walked away from me. People left without telling where I went wrong. I was heartbroken and so much effected that I landed to hospital.

Post hospitalisation, my doctor called me to discuss what is that in my heart that was bothering me and I being broken could not stop myself sharing. I cried and cried and cried.

My doctor did not stop me and said ‘Cry as much as you want, it is a good exercise, it is a natural cleanser for your mind and soul’.

I really felt better and much lighter. He just said one thing that touched me –

“When people walk out of your lives, they are creating place for others. If you will fill the bucket with same water that is not being changed it will start stinking. The rule of life is to change the water and refill the fresh one to maintain the hygiene and beauty of life. Who left should not matter but who stayed with you should matter. Who left should not matter but who will fill that place should matter. Do not hold grudges for those who left as they had their justified reasons but think of them with the best memory associated with them. There should not be any form of rancor. Learn to disconnect people for mutual peace and harmony. It will help everyone.”

I kept thinking and started working on what he said. It has been years, I am not that perfect but since last June I am master in what he said. There are 2 messages for all of you:

If you feel left out then look around there are spaces in your life that will be filled with the right person/friends/family etc. People say we cannot select family but can select friends. Trust me I am very fortunate as God gave me a chance to select family as well. If you lost your family or do not have one then whenever and wherever you find your family SAVE IT.

Crying is not a crime. It is not a weakness but a process to tell that you have emotions and you are human. Those who do not cry are the most unfortunate ones as they will not understand the worth of smileJ...so if you feel low then cry loudly and take everything out of you.

If you think your presence effects people and their lives in emotional ways that may hamper their lives or relationships then learn to disconnect for good of your people whom you would not like to harm. Distance does not mean hatred, it means peace for your loved ones in certain cases.

A good environment is one where you and your loved ones are happyJ

Dolce Vita!

CheerioJ