About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Molto Perfetto - Very Perfect????

I am having my usual morning tea – I love green tea with lemon, a good start for a wonderful day!

5th June is World Environment Day and for me there are various factors that contribute to environment. Definitely, for me environment is just not contributing to surroundings but contributing to lives of people that make an environment. A health tip or a small smile to someone in misery can make them happy that will be my contribution to World Environment Day – 2011.

From today until 5th June 2011, I will post something from my real life to contribute to your lives.

Someone asked me whenever he questions me “How are you?” my answer remains the same “I am perfect like always”. No matter my foot is bandaged and I am limping than walking but still my answer is always the same “I am perfect, as Italians say ‘Molto Perfetto’ (Very Perfect)”.

If pain is the synonym of perfect, then I am ‘Perfect’. In short, I have pain through the year. I do not remember the day when I had no pain. So for me if pain is a problem then the synonym for my problem/pain is ‘PERFECT’J

Every time I say, I am perfect I mean I am in pain but the word perfect has taken over the word pain and I feel so much convinced mentally that I feel no pain while answering the question ‘How are you?’

I feel perfect and pain free when I answer this question as everything is mind-driven. If you substitute your problems with words like ‘perfect’, ‘everything is great’, ‘doing awesome’, you win over half of your problem.

For e.g.: If you had a bad day in the office and someone asked you at home – ‘How was your day?’

What will you say – the whole saga? Trust me people can only empathise and moreover why to burden them with your bad day story. Tell them, the day was great and had good time with people at office. It might not make a difference to them but a lot to you. Like you will feel good that you have not carried office to home and a bad day does not mean bad night. Look the problem with a different angle of optimism. Words and thoughts can do a lot for you. Pour the right thought to your mind and see the difference. This is just an example.

Try it someday and you will see how you contribute to your life and environment. A good environment is more mind-driven than physical-driven.

So first message is replace the word ‘Problem’ with ‘Perfect’..

We all are born perfect and perfection lies in being ‘Imperfect’...

CheerioJ

Dolce Vita!