About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, September 24, 2012

International Book Week???


I saw a message on my FB timeline around International Book Week. I am not excited to know, as for any reader, reading is like meditation that you do on daily basis. For me, to read few quotes or few pages of an inspirational book is like cleansing my system and thought process.

I have completed reading a book that I bought a month back and it was like a ‘Transformational Journey’ for me. When I write ‘Transformational Journey’, I mean transforming my negative thoughts into positive thoughts and reading really helps me.

As a writer, I followed the same technique to keep my style simple and easy to understand for my readers. Observing a real-life incident and making a semi-fictional story around the same with a message to deliver around living with a positive mind.

Any book is worth reading when you can understand what the writer wants to convey and how to connect to a writer’s thought process. Any book is interesting when you read it for a purpose and learn from it. I do not like to carry a dictionary while reading a book. I prefer simple language with a deeper meaning. I stop where I think I am losing the track of following the author.

When I wrote my first book ’14 Pearls of Inspiration’, the idea was to make every reader of any age group of any community or country connect to the message, being delivered. I kept my 65 year old mother in my mind who studied English when India was not a hub of international schools. I wanted to cater to all age groups and all kinds of literacy levels. It was not about writing fanciful language but writing simple language for my readers to understand.

My only message for International Book Week is to write ‘simple’ and ‘meaningful’ books. Reading authors whom you can really understand and enjoy reading.