About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Quotes by Audre Lorde


There are times when you think about past and relate to your present. If things would have been in your favour, life would have been better, indeed much better. I was reading some meaningful quotes by Audre Lorde that I thought to blog for my readers. At times, few lines can change your day, the way you think and want to live your lifeJ

Quotes by Audre Lorde

If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.   

I have come to believe over and over again that what is most important to me must be spoken, made verbal and shared, even at the risk of having it bruised or misunderstood.

When we speak we are afraid our words will not be heard or welcomed. But when we are silent, we are still afraid. So it is better to speak

I am deliberate and afraid of nothing.

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. 

The sharing of joy, whether physical, emotional, psychic, or intellectual, forms a bridge between the sharers which can be the basis for understanding much of what is not shared between them, and lessens the threat of their difference.  

I write for those women who do not speak, for those who do not have a voice because they were so terrified, because we are taught to respect fear more than ourselves. We've been taught that silence would save us, but it won't.  

Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever.  

There are no new ideas. There are only new ways of making them felt. 

Only by learning to live in harmony with your contradictions can you keep it all afloat. 

Art is not living. It is the use of living. 

In our work and in our living, we must recognize that difference is a reason for celebration and growth, rather than a reason for destruction. 

Life is very short and what we have to do must be done in the now. 

Wishing all my readers a 'Happy Life'.....Keep Smiling:)............