About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, June 2, 2011

What Are You Waiting For...Just Compliment...

Last two days I have been writing about things that are simple and can be useful to make your environment worth living.

What Makes Your Environment?

If you have read the above post let me move to next message for this World Environment Day 2011.

I went for a lunch buffet with my family last Saturday. A good food really helps to get rid of your healing process. My foot wanted me to concentrate on other factors rather than my stitches. What is better than a variety of cuisines that you can binge on and gain few calories for a whileJ

I met one of my ex-colleague and the first thing she said was “Archana, I read your blog and you really write well. You make me feel inspired”.

I met her after 4 years and she has a daughter now. I felt so happy that people are following my writings though we hardly spoke to each other in these four years. The very same day, a friend called from Delhi and said something similar that he finds couple of my stories very interesting. I felt so much special on that day. BUT WHY?

Very simple we all want to hear what we want to hear.

Positive things about us make us feel contended and happy. Actually, we all look forward to compliments. I might not be the best writer and very great blogger but few compliments made me feel so good of me. The whole day I was energetic, optimistic and happy.

That is what I realised that we should compliment people around us. It is much stronger than just giving a smile to someone while walking on the road. If you see someone wearing a nice dress compliment irrespective of the factor you know her or not. Trust me you will make so many friends like that and will spread happiness. To be happy make others happy and then you will see the difference in your environment.

The day I compliment my housekeeping lady she does everything perfectly for the next three daysJ

Compliments also motivate people. It is a very simple technique to connect with others and nourish your environmentJ

Try it!

At least compliment one person today after reading this post. You will see the difference!

Amilo Tutti...Dolce Vita (Love you All...Sweet Life)

CheerioJ