About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, June 3, 2011

Where's the Party Tonight??

I have written a lot around Environment DayJ 


My friend has come from Delhi for a day. We have been connected since college days and she was here for a conference. Unlike me she is a Corporate WomanJ

She extended a day to catch up with me and that is like a big surprise as I was not aware of her visit. My door bell rang and I dragged my bandaged foot to open the door. The moment I saw, we were like two devils hugging each other after 2005. Facebook might connect friends but the physical touch and presence has its own essence. She has just given me 10 minutes to write this. I am trying to gather the speed of entire universe to typeJ

Both of us are Virgos and we share the same date of birth. The whole day was like we were dancing (I can dance even in the Operation Theatre, there is nothing not even my bandaged stitched foot that can stop me from dancing) and munching on wrong fatty foods (good to cheat sometimes)J

We had so much fun gossiping around (the most known trait of a woman) indeed bitching would be the right word for usJ

We are big fan of Kareena Kapoor and we danced on this number (here is the youtube link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0b-kFftr-g) almost 20 times. I was too bitchy to take up the part of Kareena and she had no choice to be Tussar Kapoor J

We saw the steps and practiced on this song till we get the best one. My neighbours would have been cursing me to spoil their afternoon naps as my house was like a pub – one song to another and two silly women dancing like as if we would be awarded for our performances. But we decided no drinks and no smoking – our humble contribution to Environment Day in advance.

I am taking her out for dinner (Andhra cuisine) and then we plan to hit the pub in our short dresses and her high heels (I miss my heels till I get better).

Take time to meet your friends...enough of Facebook....we might lose the personal touch if we remain too much FB connected.

So plan your Environment Day activities with your friendsJ

Have a rocking Friday niteJ

CheerioJ