About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Part 4: What I do to Love Myself? (Last Post of My Collection)

This is the last post to my collection – What I do to love myself?

God has created all of us with a reason. The day you understand why you came to this world you will fall in love with yourself. Loving yourself has nothing to do with you IIT, IIM or Oxford degrees. It has nothing to do with your looks and financial status. The idea of loving yourself is to protect yourself from anything that can hurt you or others. The idea of loving yourself is to maintain your self-respect and shed your ego. The idea of loving yourself is accepting people the way they are, appreciating their good qualities and neglecting the bad ones. The message is – Love Others and Spread Love if you really Love Yourself. Live with self-respect and dignity like Sun that spreads its warmth to everyone irrespective of any factors. Be cool like moon at situations that can tempt you to be angryJ

Ego’ at the right place is called ‘Attitude’. ‘Attitude’ at wrong is called ‘Arrogance’ – Archana Kapoor Nagpal

Few set of things that I do to support what I have written above.

I never respond to emails or calls when I am angry. I have learned this after making lot of mistakes and have been following since last one year. I firmly believe the best time to respond is when you are stable and in anger nobody is mentally stable. A wrong response can break relationships, can hurt others and can create more mess. Moreover you will step down your dignity by doing that.

Be early to forgive and forget people. If someone asks me for apology, I am quick to apologise and move on. Why? – A simple reason I want to give my mind peace and being selfish here I apologise for my peace of mind. Forget is here to forget the act that one has done to hurt me.

Learn to block and disconnect people. There are times when we all face people who cheat us or hurt us but beyond our acceptance of behaviour. It is mandate to define whom you want to be part of your lives. If you think by blocking or disconnecting others you are doing wrong then it is not as wrong as hurting yourself or your self respect. Sometimes disconnecting can be mutually good.

Look Good. Looking good is not a crime and cosmetic companies are living and sustaining on this note only. Using make up is not a sin. If you are ageing do not hesitate to buy an anti-ageing stuff and ignore what people say or comment. Just tell them ‘Loving myself is my business not yours’. Be confident to use make up each one of us is not born with natural beauty why should be? Make up is not to conceal but sometimes to highlight your beauty. But do meditate to look good internally as well. I meditate daily for 20 minutes for my inner beauty.

Are You Fit? This is a very important question. Looking good is related to this point directly and inversely. Make a routine to get your fitness levels checked regularly. Follow a fitness regime and a healthy diet (do not starve also). Eat on time. Do intense workout. Sleep on time. Be humble to people and you will find yourself much fitter and happier. Make sure your weight and height are in proportion. I am very particular about this for myself.

Love Your Loved Ones. Loving yourself is incomplete if you do not love those who stood with you whether blood related or strangers. Do not fake around and cheat. When you fake with others, you actually fake around with yourself. People might not know your intentions but remember GOD IS WATCHING US and our acts.

Thats all!!

Love Yourself!....