About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Part 3: What I do to love myself? (My Things and Me)

If you have read the below two links then let me tell you the climate today really rocks!



I can see the midnight blue sky and moon playing hide and seek. Its look seductiveJ

I got drenched in rain while coming back from work and the first thing I do is make a cup of black coffee and two chocolate cookies to beat my hunger of 5 hoursJ

Ok!!!

What I do to love myself more other than the above two links.

Take a paper and pen it down – things you want to change about yourself. Yes, there are many things we want to change to be a better person in our own eyes. Nothing bad about it!

Here is my list.

1)     I want to study ahead and this time maybe a foreign language. Now you must be thinking what does this has to do with changing myself. Well, for last couple of months I am enquiring but then I postpone this for some no reason. So now I need to get myself enrolled for the next session. I want to change this ‘Postponing’ attitude of mine.

2)     I am very bad in expressing emotions. The clarity with which I pose myself as practical fails when it comes to be expressive emotionally. So need to work on thoughts like family, relatives etc. I am too cold towards these relationships.

3)     I am a cleanliness freak. When I stay in a hotel as part of work commitments or vacation, I clean the room before leaving for work/leisure. I might take away the jobs of housekeeping guysJ. I want to get rid of this act of mine, as over and excess of anything is bad. I waste my time by cleaning things that are clean as somewhere I have this psychological problem that things are not clean. I add stress to my mind and body by engaging in over cleaning activities.

4)     I am too strict with my diet. I agree it looks good to be in shape and when at 31 you can fit into UK 6 or UK 8 but sometimes I kill my appetite or temptation to manage my weight and medical problems. I refrain from cheating when I go out with my family or friends that sometimes disappoint them. So I want to get into the mode of ‘Cheat for a day’.

5)     I am too straight forward or over clear hearted and this is not a quality of mine in all aspects. Sometimes people get hurt or they might think ‘Gosh! This lady is so outspoken’. I am working on this but still lot needs to be done. Sometimes one has to be diplomatic. My face is a mirror to my heart. If I am sad anybody can read and if I am happy the whole world knows about!

6)     I hate to be honest. I do not want to be that type anymore. Few lies can make life so cheerful and fun till the time nobody is harm.

So make your list and just make yourself a better person as you love yourself. So do I!

Before I log off for the day, I am dedicating a song to myself ‘I love you (YOU IS MYSELF HERE)’...but this is mainly for my Indian readers....

CheerioJ
Love Yourself...

Amilo TuttiJ