About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, July 25, 2011

Part 1: What I do to Love Myself (Contd....)

In continuation to Part I – http://doyouthinkyouareliving.blogspot.com/2011/07/part-i-what-i-do-to-love-myself.html

Hope you guys would have read the above post and answered the test for yourself. Now just read my answers. I will post about ‘What questions hurt us and how to handle provocative questions’ as my next post – Part 2 : What I do to love myself?....Wait!
If you have read the above link you can relate why am I answering these questions?
       What is that one word that defines you? 
(Please beautiful, hot, good looking are not acceptable answers. They are God given attributes. Look for words that are not ‘qualitative’ but ‘quantitative’ qualities)

My Answer:

 This is difficult as I rate myself as 4As – Austerity, Affable, Antevasin (a Sanskrit word that means ‘one who lives at the border’ following a routine life but aware of his/her inner self) and Attravisiamo (an Italian word read in Eat Pray Love and it relates to me a lot. It means ‘let's cross over’.


2.)    What is the question that hurts you the most? 

My Answer:

I have crossed that stage in my life where questions hurt me. As I said in the above link to the previous post, I respond to questions than reacting so I do not have an answer for this. But yes couple of years back when people used to specifically ask ‘why no kids?’, making fun of me. But now I have one answer ‘Attravisiamo’. 

3.)   How do you deal with that question if you are asked publicly or deliberately by a friend or relative?

My Answer:

I politely respond (do not react) that I have 92 kids. All the children of my NGO are my kids and I am a proud mother of 92 children.

What was that one event or incident where you realised I have to live and love myself only?

 My Answer: 

When I was diagnosed OA at the age of 29, I realised high time now, I must love myself only.

5.)    What is that one activity that gives you contentment?

My Answer:

When I can help someone who has nobody to help him or her as somewhere it helps me in loving myself!

Do you believe in makeovers in life whether physical or psychological?

My Answer:

Yes, I believe in both. Physical Makeovers are change in your looks that add elements to our demeanour. Psychological makeovers are like cleansing your mind like doing ‘Art of Living’. 

7.) What is your definition of ‘Love Yourself’?

My Answer:

Respect People and Love them

Have you ever helped someone in understanding ‘Love Yourself’ concept? If yes, how?


My Answer:


Yes, this blog and all the content this July is around to help people to understand that ‘Love Yourself’.

What you think is more important to you – love or sex? 

My Answer:

Love and Sex are two sides of the same coin for me. I think both are significant depending at different stages of life. But yes love wins over sex for me at this stage.:)

Cheerio:)