About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Post for My Mother:

I have not been well since last night. I have so much pain that I am tired just tired maybe. I thought just to close my eyes and remember God...and meditate!!

Guruji might be able to help me. But how can I forget to blog today. It is my mom’s birthday. My mother is scheduled for a knee replacement next month and she is in immense pain. She is completely restricted to bed most of the time. I am sorry, I am crying while writing this, I am too overwhelmed maybe.  I have always seen her strong and highly social, so I can realise her mindset. The worst is when I called her, she could make it from my voice that I am not well. She was worried for me though she is in much more pain. I look up to God and just ask a wish as a birthday gift for my mom –

‘I pray you get better and you come through fine after your surgery. You are an inspiration to me and will always be. I love you and will always be proud that you are my mother. I might not be a great daughter but you are world’s greatest mom. I am sure God will listen to me and I will see you running at 63 in few months from now. This is my last wish from God!’

It is true there is one thing we cannot replace is– ‘mother’. Few lines for my mom...

To My Mother by Robert Louis Stevenson

You too, my mother, read my rhymes
For love of unforgotten times,
And you may chance to hear once more
The little feet along the floor.

Wishing you a great birthday!