About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Part I : What I do to Love Myself!


As per my last post - Previous Post, I am suppose to write what I do to love myself? Let us start with a basic thought why I started loving myself and how do I rate this task in my life that might be similar to many of you.

Loving yourself is the most difficult task. You must think why? Many of you might think the other way round but why I say so, I have a reason and content to support. Next whole week, I will write around the same. It has been a year, I realised why I should love myself. 29 years of my life I have lived for others – my grandparents, my parents, my friends, my relatives until I sit outside my doctor’s room (who has been treating me for last 5 years) and waiting for my reports. June 2010 and things changed. We say life is like a globe but for me the globe turned upside downJ

To cry, to be depress, to deprive myself were all the acts that I tried and thought to move on with the same negative thoughts BUT there is always some solution to a problem that brought me to my senses. The first and foremost thought that entered my mind was – ‘Love Yourself, Archana...just yourself’.

Now to love yourself is difficult as it needs control of your mind on situations where you should react but you chose to respond.

‘Response’ is a positive word in an adverse situation while ‘Reaction’ is a negative behaviour. I disagree with Newton here – Every Action should not have an equal and opposite Reaction J. I know what Newton said was from the aspect of science but most of have taken this as a personal quote in our lives.

For e.g.: My friend has hurt me, just see how I treat him/her. After all ‘every action has an equal and opposite reaction’

This is a very small example but don’t you guys agree that is the way we think and behave.

I am giving you 9 questions as a test to understand how you love yourself and I will answer this myself on my blog in my next post with a reason. Our answers might be different but do answer these for yourself. My next post is a very controversial as I will write what is that one question that hurts you the most and how you answer it justifying that you love yourself?

1.)    What is that one word that defines you?

(Please beautiful, hot, good looking are not acceptable answers. They are God given attributes. Look for words that are not ‘qualitative’ but ‘quantitative’ qualities)

2.)    What is the question that hurts you the most?

3.)    How do you deal with that question if you are asked publicly or deliberately by a friend or relative?

4.)    What was that one event or incident where you realised I have to live and love myself only?

5.)    What is that one activity that gives you contentment?

6.)    Do you believe in makeovers in life whether physical or psychological?

7.)    What is your definition of ‘Love Yourself’?

8.)    Have you ever helped someone in understanding ‘Love Yourself’ concept? If yes, how?

9.)    What you think is more important to you – love or sex?

Wait for my answers and this post in the coming week...until then VJ Archana says ‘ Cheerio’ and stay tuned to my blog (lol...just thought to leave you guys with a smile)...

Remember – Love Yourself............