About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, September 30, 2011

Delhi is Delhi Belly:)

I am in Delhi for next 8 days. I really wanted a good break and being my first home town what could be better to visit your home. I am all by myself and I have many plans to travel. I want to visit Golden temple (Amritsar) and couple of places in Delhi to feel that I am a Delhite. I have never been to India Gate and Qutab Minar so I am planning to explore this part of Delhi. Just me and meJ.
6 years in Hyderabad and 6 years in Delhi has made me a complete Indian. I understand both south and north cultures pretty well. From koncham koncham telugu to broken Punjabi, I enjoy myself struggling with both the languages.
Being a virgo, I have always been very impulsive. I have noticed that I take decisions in seconds whether it is to buy a dress or my travel plans. I do not reserve my tickets in advance as I do not know how my health would be in advanceJ. But the day I feel good and my body says “you can travel”, I just book my tickets instantly. There are good and bad sides to this as well. You get expensive tickets and if your state is going through a political challenge like Telangana Bandh then you realize how bad it is to travel without preparations. At the same time the fun to travel at last notice, rushing from one counter to another and surprising your family is a great fun. I never faced packing and unpacking problems as again being a virgo I am very good at itJ.
Two days back when I was blogging, I was very sure that yesterday was a day to shop for Navratri and Dandiya night. No where in my widest dreams, I had plans of flying to Delhi. Last morning as I was cooking, I felt to visit Delhi. The moment my husband woke up, I declared the alarm, I want to travel today. We got the tickets done and now I had to pack. My ticket status was pending so I was asked to come early at the airport to sought the issue. Early here is 4 hours before the departure time J. Now with an hour time left how will one pack and take shower and reach the airport. My prayers started..Babaji please ask them to confirm it before I get the ticket printed. From packing to shower, I was continuously on call with the airline guys. OMG! I have packed my stuff in such a bad way that my bag was falling the other way round as most of the stuff was on that side..I cannot stop laughing. Finally, my ticket was confirmed and I got two hours to repack my stuff. This time bag was not falling on either sides.
We drove to the Aeroexpress points to head to the Airport and this was like a nightmare. Aeroexpress shuttles were not available due to never ending state bandh that has paralysed the state of Hyderabad since 14th September, 2011. I am thankful as my husband drove the car at 120-140 speed to make it to the airport and finally I boarded the flight on timeJ. But still the journey was not that easy. The moment I landed Delhi, Vodafone deactivated my roaming services as I am switching to Airtel. The fight is between Airtel and Vodafone services. I asked the gentleman next to me to help me to make a call to my father and husband. Got connected and reached home. All were surprised and so was I with so much of food offerings. My answer was like always – I do not eat all that but I do not diet.  Just eat healthy foodJ
Today is my first morning and I am planning my day ahead. I feel so much single for a whileJ. I told the same thing to husband feel single for next 8 daysJ
I will post my daily updates and loads of pics of Delhi on my blog and FB. Until then….
SAYOUNARAJ